Home Energy Solutions Made SimpleAn ENERGYPROS™ Home*EnergyAudit is the first step to making your home more comfortable and energy efficient. We provide home performance assessments based on RESNET's National Standard for Comprehensive Home Energy Audits and is required to receive incentives up to $6,500 from the Energy Upgrade California program. ENERGYPROS™ strives to make your home function to its maximum energy efficiency. All assessments are performed by a Certified BPI Professional and Home Energy Rater (HERS). This holistic approach has delivered utility savings of 21-100%!
Our comprehensive whole home approach uses advanced diagnostic equipment to test all combustion appliances, determine the effective performance of the windows, insulation, ducts and the equivalent leakage area of your home to pinpoint energy waste. Energy modeling software that estimates energy savings enables us to provide you a roadmap to reduce your utility bills while increasing your comfort, health and safety based on your goals and budget.
1. Blower Door TestingBlower door testing is a way to test the "leakiness" of your home. By depressurizing your home and measuring the rate at which air infiltrates through imperfections in the building envelope, we're able to assess how much energy (and money) is escaping through air leaks, and how much you're likely to save by fixing those leaks. As part of this process, we will inspect the house with a smoke stick to pinpoint potentially hidden air leaks (making it much easier to address them when the time comes to get to work). We also offer blower door testing as an isolated service to test the effectiveness of improvements that have been made to a home, and to provide homeowners and contractors with a roadmap to further improve a home's efficiency moving forward.
2. Duct Blaster TestingThe Duct Blaster is an air flow measurement system used to test and document the air tightness of forced air duct systems in both houses and light commercial buildings. As part of our whole house approach, we utilize a Duct Blaster to determine the amount of duct air leakage in your home's system. With that essential knowledge, we can prescribe measures to increase efficiency, and improve Indoor Air Quality.
3. Infrared DiagnosticsHaving your home evaluated with an infrared scanner sheds valuable light on the effectiveness of your home's thermal envelope. An infrared scanner reveals hidden air leaks and areas where insulation isn't performing, and can also yield some interesting surprises -- such as where an uninsulated hot water pipe or recessed lights may be contributing to an ice dam, for an example. It's a valuable part of any good home energy audit, and a step that we guarantee to take with thoroughness and precision (although our experience tells us that it can also be a fun part of the energy audit for homeowners).
4. Carbon Monoxide DetectionYou can't see it, can't smell it, and it can kill you in your sleep. Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning is an invisible danger in your home.
5. Gas Leak DetectionA gas leak can lead to sickness from CO poisoning, and can present a fire or explosive hazard. Gas leaks are a major hazard for your home but ENERGYPROS™ is here to set your mind at ease.
6. Combustion Appliance Safety TestingIf it burns, it could be a threat. Are all your combustion appliances safe? Are you certain?
7. Asbestos DetectionYou're probably already aware of the dangers asbestos can pose (visit the American Cancer Society's Asbestos page to learn more about this potentially lethal material), but you might not know that even recently-built homes may contain asbestos. If you suspect uncontained asbestos in your home, do not touch or otherwise disturb the material. Sealed asbestos may not pose a threat, but all cases of asbestos presence should be investigated and treated by professionals only, for your own safety.
8. Knob and Tube IdentificationBefore modern electrical wiring, there was Knob-and-Tube (K&T) wiring. Safe and efficient at the time, but obsolete now. Sadly, if you have K&T wiring in your home, it is likely to be very old and may pose a fire hazard if any current is still being passed through the old wires. Why take the risk? We can help!
9. Comprehensive ReportAs part of the energy audit, we provide a building sketch used for energy modeling, required by many of the rebate programs. A detailed report in PDF format with graphs, charts and recomendations will be provided upon completion.
RESNET Raters and BPI Analysts on StaffENERGYPROS™ personell are highly trained with an experienced technical staff of certified RESNET Raters, BPI Analysts and Thermographers that are available to respond to homeowners' questions and help determine best practices related to "Home Energy Ratings" and energy efficiency. We have performed hundreds of comprehensive home energy audits throughout California and Nevada!
Energy Audits Required by Rebate ProgramsBoth the Energy Upgrade California program and the California Solar Initiative program require an energy audit by a BPI Certified energy auditor. So if your planning on applying for any energy-efficient rebates in California, be sure to schedule an ENERGYPROS™ Home*EnergyAudit with one of our on-staff, certfied energy auditors! ENERGYPROS™ is well versed in California rebate processing with hundreds of hourse spent submitting countless applications. Be sure to speak with a Rebate Specialist at ENERGYPROS™ if you have any questions regarding incentives, approved measures, requirements and credits. [Read More...]
Everybody wants to live in a more comfortable, safe, and energy efficient home. Learn how you can improve safety and efficiency while saving money and the environment. It all starts with a Home*EnergyAudit by one of our certified inspectors.
FAQWhat is an ENERGYPROS™ Home*EnergyAudit?
- During a comprehensive ENERGYPROS™ Home*EnergyAudit, a trained expert assesses how much energy your home uses, and then suggests measures to improve the energy efficiency and safety of your home.
- An energy expert reviews your attic, insulation, doors, windows, furnace or boiler, and appliances and then identifies energy wasters, such as insufficient insulation or inefficient appliances. Your auditor will also diagnose health and safety issues, and will offer solutions for humidity and ventilation problems. Also, you will learn about options for financing and rebates to help you make energy efficient upgrades.
- An ENERGYPROS™ Home*EnergyAudit is certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) for having completed rigorous training in home performance evaluation. You can rest easy knowing that our Advisors are qualified to provide the highest professional standards for excellence.
- A blower door is a diagnostic tool that determines how much air your home loses through the various air leaks in your home.
- If you are in Southern California call 1-800-861-PROS and an ENERGYPROS™ Home Performance Professional will schedule an appointment for a BPI certified representative to evaluate your home.
- An infrared camera is a diagnostic tool used to scan your home’s walls and ceilings. The camera shows temperature differences and gives a visual indication of where insulation is present, missing or just not working effectively.
- A comprehensive ENERGYPROS™ Home*EnergyAudit will take between 2 and 4 hours depending on the size of your home.
- Someone over the age of 18 must be present at the home when we perform the audit. We recommend that the homeowner be present to answer any specific questions and discuss the results of the assessment.
- Be prepared to point out specific areas of your home where you may have concerns, and feel free to ask questions. Please have access available to your attic and duct registers.