Safety Testing and IdentificationAn ENERGYPROS™ Home*SafetyAudit uncovers combustion safety issues, gas leaks, carbon monoxide problems, dangerous appliances, electrical problems as well as cancer-causing asbestos in your attic, ductwork and paint. This all goes to improving your family's comfort, health and safety.
Your home should be your safe place, but there's always a risk that things could go wrong. Let us help you prevent the unthinkable with our Safety Testing and Identification Services. Don't risk your health, take action today! Call ENERGYPROS™ now at (800) 861-PROS to arrange a consultation with one of our certified, experienced Home Safety professionals. If you don't see a service you want, call us to ask. If we can't do it ourselves, we probably know someone who can.
1. Carbon Monoxide DetectionYou can't see it, can't smell it, and it can kill you in your sleep. Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning is an invisible danger in your home.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC): "Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning, more than 20,000 visit the emergency room and more than 4,000 are hospitalized due to CO poisoning." - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning FAQ, CDC.
2. Gas Leak DetectionA gas leak can lead to sickness from CO poisoning, and can present a fire or explosive hazard. Gas leaks are a major hazard for your home but ENERGYPROS™ is here to set your mind at ease.
For any suspected gas emergency, or questions regarding a gas odor, call SoCalGas immediately at (800) 427-2200.
3. Combustion Appliance Safety TestingIf it burns, it could be a threat. Are all your combustion appliances safe? Are you certain?
4. Asbestos Detection / RemovalYou're probably already aware of the dangers asbestos can pose (visit the American Cancer Society's Asbestos page to learn more about this potentially lethal material), but you might not know that even recently-built homes may contain asbestos. If you suspect uncontained asbestos in your home, do not touch or otherwise disturb the material. Sealed asbestos may not pose a threat, but all cases of asbestos presence should be investigated and treated by professionals only, for your own safety.
We have found asbestos in the ductwork and transite pipes of 1 out of every 3 retrofits we complete in Southern California! That's a staggering ratio!
5. Knob and Tube Identification / RemovalBefore modern electrical wiring, there was Knob-and-Tube (K&T) wiring. Safe and efficient at the time, but obsolete now. Sadly, if you have K&T wiring in your home, it is likely to be very old and may pose a fire hazard if any current is still being passed through the old wires. Why take the risk? We can help!